Volunteers are an important asset to the agency and community.
- Visit hospice patients in the home, nursing home or assisted living to provide companionship, emotional support, and help improve quality of life.
- Provide spiritual support to hospice patients under the supervision of the hospice chaplain
- Visit seniors to provide companionship and support, and encourage healthy aging habits. This program is made possible through funding received from the Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts and the Greater Lowell Community Foundation.
- Help prepare mailings or other projects in our office.
- Help in our office with administrative support activities.
- Assist the community health department at flu clinics.
- AmeriCorp Volunteers offer the following Healthy Aging programs in the community: "My Life, My Health: Chronic Disease Self-Management", "A Matter of Balance", and "Healthy Eating for Successful Living in Older Adults."
Training is provided and required. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please call the Volunteer Coordinator at 978-425-6675.