We believe that dying is a normal natural process and that hospice offers a holistic approach to preserve a person's dignity and ability to direct his or her own care. The hospice team strives to meet all of the medical, emotional, social, cultural and spiritual needs of the patient and their caregivers.
Our Hospice program offers specialized end of life care to meet the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient/family/caregiver in an interdisciplinary team approach.
Hospice patients can be cared for in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities and private homes to maintain comfort and quality of life during the terminal phase of the disease process. Hospice offers ongoing support for families/caregiver for 13 months after the death of a loved one.
Hospice benefits and services include:
- Support for family members and friends who are caring for a loved one.
- A hospice "team" that includes physicians, nurses, home care aides, social workers, spiritual and bereavement counselors and trained volunteers.
- Collaboration with your family physician, supported by our Medical Director.
- Experienced nurses with expertise in pain and symptom management.
- Personal care provided by certified home care aides.
- Community resource identification and referral coordinated by a medical social worker.
- Physical, occupational, speech and nutritional services to optimize the patient's ability to function.
- Inter-faith chaplains to help the patient and family feel emotionally and spiritually at peace. Assistance with funeral planning and memorial services.
- Caring volunteers that provide respite and family support.
- Pharmacy services and coverage for medications and equipment related to the Hospice diagnosis.
- 24 hour phone support and after hour visits as needed.
- Bereavement support and counseling for families and support groups available for the community at large.